Manic Mondays

    

     How do you feel about Mondays?  My Monday’s feel so much better when I am prepped and ready.  On Sunday I prep for the week.  I dump out all my “to do” thoughts on to paper and then I schedule them in my calendar on my iphone.  After it’s all in my calendar I throw out the paper with my “to do” list.  I learned this technique from Brooke Castillo at The Life Coach School.  They call it Monday Hour 1. However, I modified it to Sunday Hour done. This works better for me because by the time my alarm goes off Monday 5AM  I don’t have to think about what’s ahead.  I know my work out cloths are picked out and waiting in the bathroom for me.   Since I have been doing this type of calendaring my Mondays feel calmer and easier paced.  Each day I review my calendar to see if anything else has come up and if so then when do I want to add it.  On Saturday’s I review the past week, it’s called Saturday Hour Done. I get to pat myself on the back to honoring my time and getting done the things I said I would do.  It’s also time to reflect, like how did it go is there something I didn’t get done and why?  Do I need to roll it over to the next week or can I quick get it done on Saturday? 

     Another benefit to me of this calendaring is that it prevents me from procrastinating Can I just tell you I used to be the “worst” procrastinator?  You know the perfectionistic procrastinator.  What started as a minor delay in doing a task had become a major habit for me. It was showing up all across my daily habits and nothing was getting done.  I was super frustrated but I didn’t even realize what was happening. It wasn’t until I read Mel Robins “The 5 Second Rule” that I had that light bulb moment. I was procrastinating to relieve stress and it had turned into a habit.  The good news is that I figured out how to change my behavior and creates new habits that keep me from procrastinating!  Isn’t that refreshing?!  I  know for me it is.  If you need help with creating a new habit or setting up your weekly schedule let me know, I can help!

 

 

Your Life Coach,

Rachel 

Comments